Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting
of the San Clemente Men's Golf Club
Tuesday October 8th, 2019
Pride of the Pacific Restaurant
150 Avenida Magdalena, San Clemente, California
CALL TO ORDER: President Kurt Luebke called the meeting to order at 4:05 pm in the banquet hall of Wedgewood Restaurant.
| President Kurt Luebke
|| David Hamdorf - 1st Vice President
| Steve Crowly - Handicap Chairman
|| Nick Azzolini - Greens, Past President
| Ed Pernal - Director of Rules
|| Jeff Remmele - Saturday Tournament Director
| Derek Duesler - Director at Large
| Frank Schneider - Membership Chairman
|| Aaron Washington - Handicap Committeeman
| Jeff Hooper - Treasurer
|| Steve Rose - Secretary
MINUTES OF THE SEPTEMBER MEETING:
p>HANDICAP REPORT (Steve Crowly)
MOTION: There was a motion made by Steve C., and seconded by Derek to approve the September minutes. The Minutes from the meeting were approved.
- Steve and Ed highlighted the new World Handicapping System that is to be released January 1, 2020.
- Steve, Ed and Kurt will have another meeting to plan a presentation about the WHS for the Annual Meeting, December 5, 2019
TREASURER'S REPORT ( Jeff Hooper )
Kurt read Jeff's Report
Report of October 1st:
- Checking account balance as of 9/30/2019 = $29,640.11
- Savings account balance as of 6/30/2019 = $2,002
- Total Income for the month of September = $721
- Total Expenses for the month of June = $2,216.18
- Net Profit/(Loss) for June = ($1,495.18)
See attached treasurers report.
MOTION: There was a motion made by Dave and seconded by Steve to approve the July treasurer's report. The report was approved.
RULES (Ed Pernal):
MEMBERSHIP REPORT (Frank Schneider)
- Dave gave the report for Frank. We have 711 total members with 159 being Associates.
GREENS REPORT (Nick Azzollini):
REPORT OF CITY GOLF ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING (Nick Azzolini)
WEDNESDAY TOURNAMENT (Kurt Luebke/Dave Hamdorf)
October 2nd, Individual Stroke Play 78 players
$1,490 total payout, $5.00 under budget, 41% of the field in the money.
See attached report.
FRIDAY TOURNAMENT (David Hamdorf)
$1300.00 paid out, $5.00 under budget 51% of the field in the money.
See Attached report.
SATURDAY TOURNAMENT (Jeff Remmele)
September 14th, Individual Stroke Play, 69 players.
$1020.00 total payout, $15.00 under budget 46% of the field in the money.
See Attached report.
- ¨ Kurt has been tasked with choosing the design of and the ordering of 4 six foot long benches for the Driving Range. He will also coordinate with the City to have them anchored to the concrete.
- There was discussion about some problems that arose during and after the Friday tournament. It was decided to send a letter to a disqualified participant explaining the Committees ruling and the effect that ruling had on the outcome of the tournament.
- There was a discussion about the Annual Meeting on Thursday December 5th.
MOTION: There being no further business a motion to adjourn was made by Nick, seconded by Dave. The motion passed and adjournment was at 5:17 pm.
Next meeting November 12th, 2019
Dave Hamdorf for Steve Rose
MINUTES FROM PAST MEETINGS